Modernization of portal milling machine – power of main motor100 kW - was accomplished at customers place. Disassembly of headstock, modification of crossbeam for new measuring system Heidenhain. The original conception of crossbeam travel using torque shaft system was replaced by application of modern control of two feed motors in GANTRY mode.
VH services implemented the following scope of works:
- Replacement of control system – application of Siemens Sinumerik 840Dsl.
- New electrical wiring including electrical cabinets and drives.
- New feed motors.
- New main motor.
- Replacement of hydrostatic worm and nut for travel of table.
- New backlash-free planetary gearboxes.
- New feed ball screws for travel of crossbeam and headstock.
- New cable carriers.
- Lining of all guideways by material BIPLAST.
- New telescopic covers for all axes.
- Rectification of hydrostatics of machine and table.
- Rectification of hydraulic distribution system.
- New Heidenhain measuring system for all axes.
- Replacement of all seal rings and gaskets (tool clamping, main spindle drive shifting, clamping units, etc.).
- Rectification / replacement of worn-out or damaged components.
- New painting of machine.
- Complete adjustment of geometrical accuracy of machine.